Monday, January 17, 2011

Just the beginning

Well, I'm definitely not the best blogger in the world, or the most consistent, but that's okay. I am going to try to be a bit more consistent in my blogging over the next couple months, though, because I want to keep y'all updated on my journey with Jesus through my ongoing decision making process. I don't know how consistent I'll be, but I'll try.

This is just the beginning of my adventure overseas....
(that's what I keep reminding myself)

Before I left India, I was working at a school for village kids. I really love the kids and other teachers at the school, and I really enjoy teaching. Distance and time away from India, however, have allowed me to objectively reflect on my time at the school, and I've realized that it's not a sustainable long-term option for me. I was building relationships with people around me and learning a lot about the culture in the area, especially through frequent visits to the nearby villages, so I don't think my time at the school was wasted. I'm praying for God to show me the next step for the future.

Another factor that has brought me into this decision making process and opened the door to a world of possibilities (literally) is the need for community. When I was at the school, I had limited fellowship (usually none at all) with other believers because I was living in a different city than all the believers I knew. Now, looking at the possibility of going back, those people I are all in different places, and none of them have plans to return to India within the next 2 years. I can't and won't go anywhere unless I know I'll have people nearby who can offer encouragement and support. I can't survive alone.

So where does this leave me? Well, over the past couple days, I've said, "It's like I have 10 thousand options and zero options at the same time." I've talked with a lot of people, and we're on the same page. I'd to go back to India long-term but not unless I find a sustainable situation that works for me. I'm considering a few different general options right now, some in India and some in other countries, but at this point I'm not rushing into any decisions. I have plane tickets to India for March 29, and my visa still allows me to go back to India for 6 months at a time, so I'll probably go back and spend a couple more months at the school. After that I'll take care of the things we still have in India and possibly visit some other people working in the country. Again, I haven't really made any definite decisions yet.

I'd love it if you would pray for me through this time, asking that He will open and close doors as He desires. Pray that I will be at peace with each step as He walks me through them. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty and change in my life. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written Suzy! You know you are in my pryrs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy. I enjoyed reading this blog post and I want you to know I am talking to Father about you. I am in a similar time of decision and in need of direction. I am praying about going through BFBC this summer and I would love to go to !ndi@ at some point again. I am thankful for your love for the Father. It encourages me.

    -your brother, Matthew

    ReplyDelete